With the plethora of CBD products out there, how do you know which one is right for you?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is the wellness supplement 2019 can’t get enough of. People take CBD by way of oil, tincture, capsule, topical cream, vape, and various other means to treat their pain and anxiety, heal their joint pain, tame gut inflammation, aid in better focus and mood throughout the days, and more.
As with most things in life, you’ll need to take your lifestyle in consideration to see what CBD product is right for you. This post gives you a step-by-step process for choosing the right CBD product to fit you and your CBD needs best.
Before going over the 5-step-process, know this:
First, you need to decide why you are taking CBD in the first place. The cool thing (okay, one of the cool things about CBD) is that the supplement can only help you, never harm you. Even if you are in perfect health, incorporating the therapeutic compound into your daily routine can only make you feel – and in some cases – look better. Put it this way: The happiest lark around, with the body of a god/goddess, and the skin of an angel can still benefit from this multi-functional cannabinoid.
CBD really is for anyone and everyone.
Now, how to choose the right CBD product.
1. Name the reason for taking CBD: We all have stress and anxiety to deal with. From demanding jobs and needy kids to financial stressors and family or friend drama, our lives certainly don’t have room for added negativity.
While anxiety, pain, and sleep are the most common reasons for taking CBD, a lot of people are finding the compound to fare extremely well with more targeted issues like seizures, migraines, psoriasis, eczema and other health conditions.
Pinpoint why you want to introduce CBD into your life, and ask yourself this question:
2. What makes the most sense for your lifestyle? A lot of people love CBD oils and tinctures for not only the quick results, but because of their discreteness. For example, many people take a few drops of CBD oil just before a big work presentation or other high-pressure circumstance, finding out it calms nerves, puts them in a more focused state of mind, and allows them to clearly communicate what they need to.
If you are a busy body jumping from one meeting to the next during the week, CBD oil or tincture may be your best bet. If you work from home and are looking for a more even keel feel that lasts several hours, CBD capsules (pills) may be just what you need to function better and for longer periods of time. If you are taking CBD for a skin condition like acne, a rash that won’t go away or something similar, a topical cream or salve will work wonders, as it will be applied directly to the affected area.
3. Quality of brand and product: As CBD continues to rise in popularity, the quality and credibility of products are of utmost importance. How do you know if you’re getting a good quality product, or purchasing from a credible brand? Any good CBD business – online or offline – must show its authenticity and proof that manufacturing processes are safe and produce the highest quality product possible.
Daintri products, for example, meet stringent levels of superiority and safety. All products are made from pure and potent CBD sourced from premier hemp producers, specially created to deliver the best possible health effects. Websites that sell CBD products should have an FAQ section, and customer service representatives should be fully educated on the brands and products, and be available to answer your questions.
4. Milligram dosage: How much CBD should you be taking? A general rule of thumb is this: Start small and gradually build up to a dose that you are comfortable with, which produces the best effects.
There is a significant difference in taking CBD as an everyday supplement vs taking it for something much more serious like cancer or epilepsy. Depending on the person (normal weight vs lighter or heavier weight), the frequency of doses varies a lot. For example, a 140 lb adult with multiple seizures a day may find 10 drops of CBD oil every four hours to aid in limiting or even stopping seizures completely. The same song is sung for cancer patients. They need to be taking large quantities of CBD in order to see/feel the therapeutic effects.
It’s important to know that it isn’t possible to overdose on CBD. Unlike its intoxicating cousin, THC, the cannabinoid responsible for giving users a high (typically sought after by smoking marijuana), CBD products contain such a small amount of THC (less than 0.3 percent) or no THC at all, meaning any good CBD product you use will not get you buzzed or high, even if you consume an entire bottle of CBD oil. Which, by the way, you definitely should not experiment with, because (1) you will be wasting your precious (and pricy!) CBD! And (2) all of that oil will probably make you sick.
CBD product labels will include a recommended dosage. For the best effects of taking CBD capsules, for instance, it is typically suggested the user takes 1-2 capsules per day. For oils, 2-3 drops twice a day is a common recommendation. Always check your product labels, and consult with your doctor if you aren’t sure.
5. Application: The form of administration matters when contemplating on which CBD product to purchase. As mentioned earlier, CBD oils and tinctures have proven to provide individuals with fast (effects felt after just 15-20 minutes) and effective results. This is because CBD oils, when taken sublingually (underneath the tongue) get into the bloodstream quicker, a method referred to as bioavailability – the extent and rate at which the active substance (CBD, in this case) enters systemic circulation, thereby accessing the site of action.
Applying a CBD topical cream or salve to an affected area like the lower abdomen for menstrual cramps, face for acne or wrinkles, or arms and legs for skin rashes, will provide the best results in this case, as it is being applied directly to the targeted area, working the same way an antibiotic cream for scars would work.
- Before researching CBD products and retailers, pinpoint the reason you want to take CBD, first, taking your lifestyle into consideration for practical and effective use.
- Quality of product is huge. Do your research to make sure you’re getting top quality CBD.
- Trust the product labels for dosage (in milligrams). Listen to your body as you slowly build up a tolerance to the health cannabinoid.
- After careful research and experimentation, let us know what products you love and why!