You might think purchasing your CBD oil in a street shop is more credible than buying CBD online. But the opposite may be your safer option.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is continuing to make headlines in the wellness world, the medical world and most recently, the sports world, for its multifaceted functions treating pain and anxiety, inflammation, mood disorders, degenerative diseases and so much more.
And as is always the case with a big boom in the consumer market, more popularity = more demand = the increased probability of brands and stores selling products that are not good quality CBD, and in some cases, products with no CBD at all.
This is not to scare you, but inform you of your purchasing options built on the foundation of trust, safety, credibility, and, of course, effectiveness.
For this reason, we are giving you the hard-hitting reasons why getting your CBD products online may be the better option compared to getting them by way of general health food store.
Why is buying online safer?
Unless you are in a specialty health food store or CBD shop – which is not the average experience – buying CBD online seems to outweigh buying CBD in-store, especially if you are new to CBD and don’t know much about it.
Online stores are obligated to have the ingredients and production practices stated clearly in a way consumers can easily find the information on the website and fully understand. When you are online, you can take your time to read and educate yourself on the product and company, as well as sift through reviews and testimonials from previous customers.
When you buy online, you can expect bountiful buying options, transparency about inventory and the ability to research prices and customer reviews, as well as get the scoop on promotional offers.
Here, we break down the pros and cons of both online and in-store purchasing experiences.
Pros of Buying Online
- Ability to take your time reading, researching and learning about the product
- Ability to shop and compare with other retailers on price point and quality
- Huge variety of products at your fingertips
- More discounts and promotions available
Cons of Buying Online
- Not being able to physically see, smell or touch what you are getting
- Difficulty finding a trusted source. Luckily, you have already found a credible online retailer – Daintri!
Pros of Buying In-Store
- Immediacy / instant gratification. No waiting on shipping
- Ability to see, smell and touch the product you are buying
Cons of Buying In-Store
- Only open set hours
- Driving, parking, waiting in line and other general annoyances that come with errand-running
- Limited knowledge and information: A salesperson who may or may not be educated on CBD could just be trying to make a sale, not caring about the integrity of the product
- Higher prices due to overhead
- Hard to find stores that sell CBD
Another thing: Depending on who you are and what kind of mood you’re in, the human interaction aspect of buying in-store could either be a pro or a con.
On the online side, a lot of people like to support small businesses (looking at you millennials!). Keeping in mind that CBD is a new and rising product, buying online serves a greater purpose in the supporting-the-little-guy regard, as many online CBD retailers (like Daintri!) are startups.
Buying CBD products both online and in-store comes with their share of perks. While each channel brings unique value to the customer, buying online, in most cases, does fare safer than buying in-store because websites are required by law to provide full disclosure to the customer on product quality and ingredients, as well as manufacturing and production processes.
We are not knocking physical storefronts or in-person interaction. We like people and support everyone trying to make the world a better place with CBD!
It’s our job to provide truthful and accurate information in the realm of CBD as it pertains to health, which is precisely what we are doing with this post and every other post for that matter.
If you have questions about buying online, please let us know!